Various interesting stuff:
- Sharing the catch (Legal Planet): More use of individual transferable quotas (ITQs) in the US? Related: Env-Econ reports on a new ITQ program in the Gulf of Mexico.
- The New Age of Extinction (Time Magazine): On the extinction of species and its consequences.
- It’s a funny old game (The Guardian): Problematic Economics.
- Read This If You Hate Meetings (Freakonomics): Why creative people need empty schedules.
- How Not to Save the Fish (Time Magazine): On irresponsible fishing behaviour (which I’ve discussed earlier) and related sustainability issues.
- Lucas on the Shortcomings of Modern Macro (Freakonomics): More on Problematic (Macro) Economics.